Kiosk-Mouse-Maple

September 28-30, 2007

Comments

Please note: tell me who you are and where you're from, but do not give your email address or chances are it will be harvested for spam. You can also communicate with me privately.

Posted Saturday, October 6th, 2007 10:45 pm

Be the first to post a comment

Posted Sunday, October 7th, 2007 01:44 pm

Very entertaining log. Love your writing style. And the pictures were excellent. Not much else you could have done with the pasta. Eyes were bigger than the stomach!

Not totally critisizing your choice of words, it just jumped out from the page at me! You say the map you used to post the route comes from an old outdated map, which everyone here probably has a copy of on their computer. But you specifically say "The chunk of it I have posted here is not even worth a right-click." ????? Other than the fact that the 2007 version you link to has a UTM grid on it and a few of the portage distances have been revised, there is no difference between the maps. All the portages, all the rapids, all the campsites, everything is the same. Any one who can read a map could navigate this trip easily using either map.

Don Muir, NOrth Bay, Ontario

Posted Monday, October 8th, 2007 07:01 am

"The leaves were screaming orange and red."
Good one!

Posted Wednesday, October 10th, 2007 09:57 pm

Hey CL - Thanks for the vicarious adventure!

Particularly enjoyed the red squirrel saga!

Great pix too.

Miss the east in the fall - so beautiful!

xxoo C

Posted Monday, October 15th, 2007 10:20 pm

Nice trip report Chris. It's a shame you weren't able to get the Club's Osprey; it doesn't get taken out often enough.

Ken McNair, Ottawa.

Posted Saturday, November 24th, 2007 07:11 pm

love to read your trip logs. i may have considered almost this exact route for next year, glad to see the pictures and comments on portages.

aaron, north bay

Posted 21-11-2008

I would like to know if kiosk park is east of north bay? Because i lived in a town name kiosk went to school their are family and freinds help clean the beach so we can go swimming their life was fun their if it is the same place why did you not show the bridge and the spring water coming out of the ground to bad for us we had to move to make the park bigger i guess to was to much of a nice place for us that we have to share it with the rest of the world please let me know

and thanks

Yes, there was a town called Kiosk. I'm afraid I don't know much about it. I hope you'll come back and tell me more. Sounds like it was expropriated to make into park. There's not much - if anything - left of it that I could see.

Post comments

Type your comments into the box below, then click 'Post'.

Prove you're human