Comments

re: Comments

Posted Thursday, September 11th, 2003 12:23 am

Be the first to post a comment.

re: Comments

Posted Thursday, September 11th, 2003 11:28 am

Awesome Chris! So many talents, I'm quite jealous. A wonderful read ( I could hear the mournfull howl of the wolves) The photos are spectacular! Every army rat should have a civvie friend like you to keep us in touch with what is truly wonderful about this great place we call Canada. Thanks much my old chum and kudos on the fab report. andy

re: Comments

Posted Thursday, September 11th, 2003 04:17 pm

Neet trip report. With a little more practice you should be able to author a few tripping books. Look out Kevin Callan. Thanks for the great read. Al Baars

re: Comments

Posted Thursday, September 11th, 2003 05:25 pm

Very nice presentation and writing style. I'm taking a cue from this in a river guide I am putting together.

Posted Thursday, September 11th, 2003 09:18 pm

A very interesting story Chris. Well written and very enjoyable to read. It's nice to see that I might have something to look forward to when I do my first solo trip. Keep up the writing and thanks for the trip report! Paddle Safe Dave

Posted Thursday, September 11th, 2003 10:29 pm

Great trip report, the solo trips always seem to be more interesting reads, maybe because there's more time to observe. The little details you wrire about, (like listening to all the various night noises) add that touch of solitude that makes it real. Rick (frozentripper)

Posted Wednesday, October 15th, 2003 05:38 pm

Nice log. I liked day 4 in particular. As a long time soloist I had the shit scared out of me early this past summer by a pack, sounded like the devil. Those brave guys from AA are the ones with 2-4 or even six other people with them, probably all guys i would'nt be nervous either. Keep it up and good luck.

Posted Wednesday, February 11th, 2004 02:53 pm

Chris: A wonderful story. I have made a very similar solo trip into Catfish and Burntroot in 1993. In 2004 will be my 32nd year and most of it has been solo. Mostly in the spring for the fishing.

Posted Friday, May 7th, 2004 09:03 am

Most excellent trip description!! I will be taking a scout troop on the same loop. They have all visited the site! thanks Pete

Posted Friday, April 29th, 2005 02:11 pm

Great Web site. It was informative and entertaining. Thanks. Trent from PA. USA

Posted Friday, May 13th, 2005 11:14 am

When something is a good 'read' it makes you feel as if you are really there as your article did. I chuckled with ,your descriptions of the overnight sounds totally imagining what you were going through. We're flying in from England in 8 weeks time and I just can't wait. Thanks for wetting our appetites. No doubt that wont be all that'll be wetted once we get started. I look forward to reading your next escapade. victorpeeke at yahoo dot com

Posted Friday, May 5th, 2006 03:46 pm

Awesome read my man...I too have been portaging for years in the park, the night time is a spectacular and sometime eerie place...See you on the trails!

Posted Sunday, July 19th, 2009 07:44 am

Hi webmaster! gfp

Posted Tuesday, August 25th, 2009 01:03 pm

I too have a Swift Osprey. Awsome boat - very capable and durable. I've taken it all over Northern Canada in whitewater up to CIII (but mostly CII). The boat is not nearly as fragile as your friends at the "club" would have you believe. Loading it only while it's floating...they must be joking...it's not made of birch bark. Nothing wrong with a few gel coat scratches - I love my boat and cringe when I carve a new scratch on an unseen rock...but hell if it looks brand new it probably means you aren't using it...and what would be the point of that.

Algonquin Park